Don’t ask for money. Ask for change.
The whole point is not for people to sponsor you tons of money, but to pledge to make a small change – in a way that matters to them.
The result? By changing their behaviour, they’ll make an impact no one else could. (And they’ll feel the benefits too!)
Here’s What You Need to Know
- You decide to take part in one of our events, because you are mad. Obviously. But also because it’s pretty cool to make a difference by doing something different.
- You sign up for one of our Events.
- You pay us a small fee to cover our costs for running the events. (We are not-for-profit, after all.)
- We email you some handy info about what to do next, how to prepare, and what to expect on the day.
- You create a profile on Do Nation (more on that below), then start asking your friends, family, coworkers and anyone else you can wrangle to start pledging.
- You show up on the day. We run you into the ground – and make no apologies for it. After all, we give you water. What more do you want?
- You head home, exhausted, ecstatic, and warm in the knowledge that you’ve done something good – and made a bunch of new friends who are just as mad as you in the process.
- You collapse on the sofa and crack open a beer. (Optional but highly recommended.)
What’s This Pledging Business, Then?
Pledges are small behavioural changes your sponsors make for the good of their environment, their health and their pocket.
They can be as simple as sharing a ride to work or as ambitious as installing solar panels on their roof – there are loads to choose from.
Ready to dive in? Well, don’t say we didn’t warn you. Check out our events.